Monday, March 23, 2009
ping pong afternoon
Expectations are like eating bad clams and oysters. They are the remnants of peek performances by people from a different time; a different place; under completely different circumstances at various opportunity levels. Measuring up to that is an impossibility even if you were to one day be able to shit rolls of hundred dollar bills while singing yankee doodle dandy; juggling a chainsaw, a whistle, and an open bottle of scotch that you drank along the way while riding a unicycle downhill into a flaming 1978 Pontiac Firebird while remaining on balance and in complete control. People expect far too much from one another. Have a glass of wine, put a chill song on, grab your favorite woman, and play it out just like you thought it. The expectations come, no need to think about them. They do mean well. LLc 98.2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
One of the most endearing qualities we humans possess is our inate ability to actually believe our own bullshit. We can talk our way through...
-
Bring it and sling it softly but with strength and courtesy. Bring all your time in and emotion to the party. Do that often enough and time ...
-
I wish you were here. I really really do. I know your out there somewhere and you are thinking about me. You may even be in a relationship w...
-
We all want to be set free from the burdens of our past errors. Given the chance I have no doubt most people would enjoy a second shot at th...
-
The social world is a lie. It makes us want. It makes us different, yet the same. There is nothing conservative about our social world. If w...
-
It comes from the knowledge lost long ago when there were no worries of tomorrow and yesterdays when the time was now and we were at the rea...
-
Our willingness to accept things for what they are is exactly why people get wrinkles and grey hair, often far too soon in life. Also, durin...
-
I often think to myself, "Why in the Hell am I here?" "What is my purpose?" These are ridiculous questions nobody can an...
No comments:
Post a Comment